Tuesday, July 05, 2011

PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS EMAIL. IT IS NOT FROM THE IRS!


PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS EMAIL. IT IS NOT FROM THE IRS!

I know this is a bit dated but I have never seen this phishing email before and perhaps there are one or two of you that have not been confronted with this either.

I received this email on July 4th from a bogus source (SUPPOSEDLY THE IRS). I have included an attached print-key/picture which I took of the IRS NOTIFICATION email screen… Of course I knew it was phony right away. Notice the misspelled words and the obvious mistakes in grammar… The internet thieves and identification pirates are having a ball with the American low information people. I looked it up on snopes and you can read all about it at this link: http://www.snopes.com/…

The IRS (as scary as they are in real life) does not send people ANYTHING via email… If it is something really important, they will usually use Certified Mail to contact a tax payer. Under no circumstance should you open the attached IRS document that comes with the email. thinkingblue