Sunday, January 19, 2014

MLK Day and Bigotry

Not too many years back, a neighbor (Republican) in the rural, neck of the woods, where I live, was very angry... Why, you might ask? Because of MLK day, her housekeeper told her, she could not come to work (January 20th) in order to attend MLK observance, in and near her church. Paraphrasing, Ms Republican's response: ‘My (N word) maid is leaving me in the lurch today so she can celebrate her (N word) holiday.’ I know this is but one ignoramus’ response, yet; it’s one that I witnessed and believe it ubiquitous (permeating) throughout GOP land. thinkingblue
PS: For the Corporate Personhood, this day is just another capitalistic opportunity…
---
‘Jan. 19, 2014, 7:22 a.m. EST‘I have a … deal’? How retail hijacked MLK Day
The civil-rights icon now used to sell clothing, parties and cocktails