Monday, July 15, 2013

De Ja Vu - Excerpts From The Rodney King Case


"Obama, he wouldn't have been in office without what happened to me and a lot of black people before me. He would never have been in that situation, no doubt in my mind. He would get there eventually, but it would have been a lot longer. So I am glad for what I went through. It opened the doors for a lot of people." - Rodney King
I believe Rodney King's profound quote to be true, which is also why I believe young Trayvon Martin need not have died in vain. I wish he didn't die at the hands of a crazed cop wannabe who saw himself as a defender of justice. But he did die, murdered for no reason. But because of his death there will be changes made for the good of our society, changes in our twisted gun laws, changes that will put a greater emphasis on protecting our kids from gun violence and yes even changes to the election of those who are willing to harm our America for the sake of their own greed and power. Bye, Bye NRA. Bye, Bye Tea Party and Hello Common Sense... Hey we all need some hope after the atrocious injustice of the Zimmerman verdict. The GOP has been destroying our country, albeit slowly but that's what they have been doing; it's about time someone take notice to how serious this is before more children die. Another profound quote from our President, as he addresses this: thinkingblue
“We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis… We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this… That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.”


Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one