Monday, April 14, 2008

Obama's response to Clinton/McCain's accusation.

Barack Obama just responded to Clinton and McCain accusation that he {Obama} is so elite he's out of touch with the Pennsylvania workers... I know a great big HUH?... Here is a bit of the transcript:
thinkingblue.blogspot.com

OBAMA: You know, there’s been a lot of talk in this campaign lately
about who’s “in touch” with the workers of Pennsylvania. Senator Clinton and
Senator McCain are singing from the same hymn book, saying that I'm “out of
touch” – an “elitist” – because I said a lot of folks are bitter about their
economic circumstances.

Now it may be that I chose my words badly. It wasn't the first time and it won't
be the last. But when I hear my opponents, both of whom have spent decades in
Washington, saying I'm out of touch, it's time to cut through their rhetoric and
look at the reality.

After all, you've heard this kind of rhetoric before. Around election time, the
candidates can’t do enough for you. They'll “promise you anything, give you a
long list of proposals and even come around, with TV crews in tow, to throw back
a shot and a beer.

But if those same candidates are taking millions of dollars in contributions
from the PACs and lobbyists, ask yourself, who are they going to be toasting
once the election is over?

I’m the only candidate who doesn’t take money from corporate PACs and lobbyists,
and I’m here to tell you that you can count on me to stand up for you after this
election, just as I’ve been standing up for workers all my life. That’s why I’m
running for President of the United States.

Senator Clinton and Senator McCain question my respect for the workers of
Pennsylvania. Well, let me tell you how I believe you demonstrate your respect.
You do it by telling the truth and keeping your word, so folks can know that
where you stand today is where you'll stand tomorrow.

The truth is, trade is here to stay. We live in a global economy. For America’s
future to be as bright as our past, we have to compete. We have to win.

Not every job that has left is coming back. And not every job lost is due to
trade –automation has made plants more efficient so they can make the same
amount of steel with few workers. These are the realities.

I also don't oppose all trade deals. I voted for two of them because they have
the worker and environmental agreements I believe in. Some of you disagreed with
me on this but I did what I thought was right.

That's the truth. But let me tell you what else I believe in:

For America to win, American workers have to win, too. If CEO pay keeps rising,
while the standard of living for their workers continues to decline, that’s not
a win for America.

That’s why I opposed NAFTA, it’s why I opposed CAFTA, and it’s why I said any
trade agreement I would support had to contain real, enforceable standards for
workers.

That’s why I believe the Permanent Normalized Trade agreement with China didn’t
do enough to ensure fairness and compliance.

Now, you can have a debate about whether my position is right or wrong. But
here’s what you can’t do. You can’t spend the better part of two decades
campaigning for NAFTA and PNTR for China, and then come here to Pennsylvania,
and tell the steelworkers you’ve been with them all along. You can't say you are
opposed to the Columbia Trade deal, while your key strategist is working for the
Columbian government to get the deal passed.

That’s not respect. That’s just more of the same old Washington politics. And we
can’t afford more of the same.

We need real change, and that’s what I’m offering. I’m offering a new, more
transparent and more inclusive path on trade so we can help promote an
integrated global economy where the costs and benefits are distributed more
equitably. And it starts with a principle I’ve always believed in – that trade
should work for all Americans.

That’s why we need to finally confront the issue of trade with China. As I’ve
said before, America and the world can benefit from trade with China. But trade
with China will only be good for you if China itself plays by the rules and acts
as a positive force for balanced world growth. MORE CLICK HERE

Will Obama Pay for 'Bitter' Flap?

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA
He's our Man.
Who can make Change?
Obama can!

HE'S OUR MAN !!!!
YES WE CAN !!!
VOTE HIM IN !!!
WE WILL WIN !!!

Here are 3 good videos to watch:

Barack Obama, STAND BY ME (the USA)





Barack Obama For President 08




AND "YES WE CAN"


CHENEY KNEW THE IRAQ WAR WOULD BE A MISTAKE IN '94

BRING THEM HOME NOW

CAROLYNCONNETION - I've got a mind and I'm going to use it!
thinkingBlue blogspot


YOU CAN BEAM ME UP NOW, SCOTTIE. Thinkingblue