Sunday, March 16, 2008

BANK OF AMERICA TROJAN DROPPER

BANK OF AMERICA TROJAN DROPPER

I received the below email this morning...

Bank of America Alert: SiteKey Confirmation

This message has been processed by Symantec's AntiVirus Technology.

top-level-msg was infected with the malicious virus
Trojan.Dropper and has been deleted because the file cannot be cleaned.

For more information on antivirus tips and technology, visit http://ses.symantec.com/

How to Prevent Computer CatastropheI don't even possess a Bank of America account but out of curiosity I opened
it anyway and found, THANK GOODNESS, the entire message and attachment were deleted. In days gone by, my computer would have been infected and was infected on more than one occasion, rendering me helpless to a $$$ trip to the computer repair shop. What I don't understand is WHY DO PEOPLE ENJOY WRECKING HAVOC ON THEIR FELLOW MAN BY CREATING VIRUS PROGRAMS? The hackers don't receive compensation (or do they) for their menacing misdeeds. They don't even get to enjoy watching someone go through the frustrations of a f**ked up system. I Googled this question hoping to find an answer and came upon this link:


Who Writes Malicious Programs and Why?

http://www.viruslist.com/en/viruses/encyclopedia?chapter=153280553

In this day of high-tech communication, we must all be vigilant and protect ourselves against these mischievous or criminal culprits. There is no room for naivety or ignorance. I use Yahoo mail for some protection (it was their software that deleted this bank America virus and protected me against my curiosity) and also I have a free AVG virus program on my computer that updates daily and occasionally captures a villain virus or Trojan horse. If you are interested you can download it here: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/

Another good free tool is Spybot software which searches and destroys any spyware attached to a computer. Read about it here:

http://www.spybot.com/en/spybotsd/index.html


Beware and thanks http:thinkingblue.blogspot.com

PS: I wanted to blog this information so that people could become aware of another yet malicious virus program circulating the Internet systems. Perhaps, this menace to our computing well-being should be an important issue for our presidential candidates to address. If it isn't today then I'm sure it will be in the future when threats to society will be of a high-tech, elusive nature which can be more lethal than the WMD intimidation, thrust upon us 7/24. If there is anything that can take our economic stability down faster than Corporate greed, it is the powerful control of our cyber-machines, by cyber-terrorists.

OBAMA 2008

CHENEY KNEW THE IRAQ WAR WOULD BE A MISTAKE IN '94

BRING THEM HOME NOW

CAROLYNCONNETION - I've got a mind and I'm going to use it!
thinkingBlue blogspot

YOU CAN BEAM ME UP NOW, SCOTTIE. Thinkingblue