Tuesday, September 02, 2008

AMERICA'S IGNORANCE ON RACE

AMERICA'S IGNORANCE ON RACE

EXCERPTED FROM PM CARPENTER The (Newsweek) new poll suggests white voters continue to be a challenge for Obama, with McCain leading the Democrat in that category 48 to 36 percent. Some of Obama's lag in white support may be explained by continual confusion over his religious identity. Twelve percent of voters surveyed said that Obama was sworn in as a United States senator on a Qur'an, while 26 percent believe the Democratic candidate was raised as a Muslim and 39 percent believe he attended an Islamic school as a child growing up in Indonesia. Not one of these things about Barack Obama is true!!!
CLICK FOR SITE


We are still living in the DARK AGES as far as ignorance amongst the American populous. I don't know when it will change, if ever. When I got a job as a civil service employee, in the 60's, working for The Clerk of Quarter ssions, I had a DOOFUS (click) boyfriend tell me, not to take the job because I would be outnumbered by blacks and maybe even wind up with a black boss.

At that time, I had a friend who was a civil service employee tell me, "it's a good opportunity, don't pass it up". So I took the job and found out... HOLY JUMPING JUPITER, BATMAN, dark skin or light skin, people are all the same. Some are ASSHOLES and some are quite rational.

I became friends with several of my black co-workers and together we broke the old taboos of talking race between the races. One woman and I had a telephone conversation about America's bigotry and she felt it would never change. I was younger and more idealistic and said. 'It will take some time but will probably fade with the next generation...' Well here I am, almost two generations down the road and prejudice is quite ensconced "STILL" in the American psyche.

Sad, but let us hope that those who still hold on to their xenophobia and complete unfounded fears of anyone who looks different from themselves. Will, at long last, get so fed up with the status quo of the almighty greed and corporate powerbrokers, who use any tool (whether it is detrimental to the wellbeing of the masses or not) to hold on to their powers. Consequently, making them realize that they are just pawns to the GREED GODS who keep the unknowledgeable ignorant with lies until they are of no
value. This realization or "awakening" will end the long reign of power by those who only care about themselves. I can onlydream.

thinkingblue

PS: this (utter stupidity) was a comment on one of my blogs...

obama bin biden this might be silly but if you put Obama and
Biden you come up with the name of osama bin laden ... come on .. how close is that name.. this is not good news for US to have osama bin binden as the people in charge.. i dont think this is an accindent .. you know this kind of scares me alot to see that name...


[WHAT !!!] thinkingblue

~~~~~~~~~~~


The Numbers: Obama vs. McCain on Taxes


Full article below:
Obama, the Newsweek Poll and Other Downers



Let's keep our heads, while we continue to watch
THE THEATER OF THE ABSURD!!!


CRYINGUNCLE

YOU CAN BEAM ME UP NOW, SCOTTIE. Thinkingblue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home