Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I DIDN'T RAISE MY BOY TO BE A SOLDIER

5TH MOTHER'S DAY SINCE BUSH BEGAN HIS
PREEMPTIVE WAR ON IRAQ.

I found this song and lyrics on the kos daily blog and thought it fitting for what is going on today. Although, it was written in 1914 before WWI it still rings true today. We humans will probably never learn if we haven't by now. So sad for all the Mothers who have suffered in the past, are suffering today and will continue to suffer while there are opportunistic, power hungry, chicken hawks who seem bent on fighting wars with other people's children. thinkingblue


Click plug-in PLAY, to hear song.

Ten million soldiers to the war have gone,

Who may never return again.

Ten million mothers' hearts must break,

For the ones who died in vain.

Head bowed down in sorrowin her lonely years,

I heard a mother murmur thro' her tears:

Chorus:

I didn’t raise my boy to be a soldier,

I brought him up to be my pride and joy,

Who dares to put a musket on his shoulder,

To shoot some other mother’s darling boy?

Let nations arbitrate their future troubles,

It’s time to lay the sword and gun away,

There’d be no war today,

If mothers all would say,

I didn’t raise my boy to be a soldier.

(Chorus)

What victory can cheer a mother’s heart,

When she looks at her blighted home?

What victory can bring her back,

All she cared to call her own?

Let each mother answer in the year to be,

Remember that my boy belongs to me!

(Chorus)

Written by Al Piantadosi and Alfred Bryan, performed by Morton Harvey with
studio orchestra, recorded fall, 1916, before America entered the war

A Mother against war!

A Mother's Day Proclamation

In The Motherhood

Cindy Sheehan's Anti-war rally Oct. 28, 2006

(and still Bush insists on our
children's deaths)

Bush demands, WAR MUST GO ON!

EDwards Uses First
Media Buy To Urge Congress To Stand Firm Against President Bush On Iraq

BRING THEM HOME NOW

CAROLYNCONNETION - I've got a mind and I'm going to use it!

thinkingBlue blogspot

YOU CAN BEAM ME UP NOW, SCOTTIE. Thinkingblue