Friday, June 10, 2005

Dean Is He Missteping or Resorting?

A Dean Turnoff BLOG "COMMENTS"

To "G":
For your info from my friend, ThinkingBlue, who does such great "pages." It took me a long time to convince her that Dems were worth something -- and that we the people still have power and we should use our power -- but this Dean error and other DLC and DCCC and DNC errors are shooting that all to smithereens! From "M"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"M" wrote To ThinkingBlue:
"G's" response to my note to her about your blog.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To "M"
I share ThinkingBlue's and your concern...with one difference....I believe that Dean's floundering around and his missteps are based not on lack of principle but on something akin to an increasing desperation, frustration and maybe even panic. The DLC and DNC pandering and centrism falling into the heavy RIGHT...IS SO INGRAINED in some of these circles...and the big corporate money follows this corruption....These waters are difficult in the extreme to navigate. He may not be succeeding sadly...but I do not think it is because he has given up his principles. From "G"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To "M", I love words and when I read "G:'s note... I thought about the word floundering which she used to sort of exonerate Dean's latest resorts (and I believe he is resorting, not just misstepping).

floun·der1 floun·dered, floun·der·ing, floun·ders.
1. To make clumsy attempts to move or regain one's balance. 2. To move or act clumsily and in confusion. See Synonyms at blunder

In these desperate times, the people who speak for us cannot blunder and act clumsily... they have got to stand firm on their/our convictions. Though, losing is a hard pill to swallow, trying to win by pandering to the hard right is too big a price to pay in my opinion. These tactics have worked so well for the repugs for so long but I feel the tides will turn eventually and when that happens, the mindless will not seem like a majority. No matter how long it takes, the progressives need to stick to their guns and keep telling it like it is...

I believe Dean is great but he has flaws... and I hope beyond hope that he will realize he must keep his flaws in check. The neocon-repugs are ruthless and will go to any means to get the power they so greedily consume. Let them have the senseless on their side... I am proud to feel like I am a part of a thinking party... I swear if Dean keeps trying to win over the ignorant by prostituting himself ... I am going independent. I refuse to be a part of any group that cannot or will not THINK! Thanks for sending her comment. ThinkingBlue

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act!
Action will delineate and define you."
Thomas Jefferson

CAROLYNCONNETION - I've got a mind and I'm going to use it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home