Tuesday, December 05, 2006

HEY FOLK, IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME FOR CREDIT CARDS

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THIS VERY TRUE CARTOON


This little cartoon movie,(click picture on left) is the STORY OF MY LIFE. When I got married, my husband and I decided, to not go the credit card route. We managed to keep our bargain, until the kids arrived... ALL BETS WERE OFF after that. But, even though we had some tough times, (as the movie, so cutely
and cruelly, depicts) we managed to get to retirement and still stay afloat.

We were the lucky ones. I know of stories about people WHO weren't so lucky and, I am sure, THERE ARE TALES OF WOE far more numerous than the ones I've heard about. The STATISTICS keep going up on how many middle class families wind up drowning in debt, left hopeless in the end..

Let's hope, with a new Congress in place, the credit card company's enormous, insatiable, voracity to pilfer American families until they are left impoverished, ashamed and broken at the end of their hardworking trip through life. will finally have a check and balance on their GREED and the middle class, will at long last, be treated fairly. thinkingblue

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I take responsibility for my credit card payments. So I expect
the credit card companies to do the same. I expect an END to:

* late fees if my bill payment is postmarked by the due date;

* retroactive interest rates - changes that apply a higher
interest rate to charges I made under the old interest rate;

* interest rate increases due to a late payment I made on some
other debt;

* over-limit fees if my credit card company has pre-approved
the charge.

I also want my credit card contracts, updates, and bills to be
easier to read and understand. They should give me basic
information I need to know, in a format that I can understand
without getting a lawyer.

* Each bill should update me about the financial result of
making a minimum payment--how long it will take to repay the
balance and how much it will cost in interest;

* The pricing disclosed in the contract and in my bills must
be simpler and easier to understand.

Finally, if I can't always understand my credit card contract,
how can I expect my teenaged children to understand. Congress
should protect young consumers from marketing practices that
place them at risk of crushing debt that can ruin their
financial futures.

It's time to bring some fairness for consumers into
the credit card marketplace. Bills like S. 499 (the "Credit
Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act"), S.
393 (the "Credit Card Minimum Payment Warning Act of 2005"),
S. 2655 (the "Credit Card Reform Act") and H.R. 3492 (the
"Consumer Credit Card Protection Act") offer these kinds of
protections. Don't let another year go by without acting on
this important issue.

Sincerely,

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TRAILER "MAXED OUT"

BRING THEM HOME NOW

CAROLYNCONNETION - I've got a mind and I'm going to use it! thinkingBlue blogspot


YOU CAN BEAM ME UP NOW, SCOTTIE. Thinkingblue