Saturday, January 08, 2005

IT’S NOT EASY BEING BLUE.

As Grover would say,
"La la la la. Oh hello everybody. Yeah, I am so glad you are here. I was just here all by myself you know."


Jim Henson, created a world of lovable characters, to delight children and somehow give them a hope that the world, they were born into, was not an unpleasant, hateful place. The Henson Happy Muppets gave little ones, who were lucky enough to have a TV, a belief that most people are good and most are unselfish and sharing. I suppose there is no harm in exposing children for an hour a day, to a world that is always positive and where problems are always solved. Especially, if some of those little viewers, live in a cruel reality with not much food and caregivers with little or no patience. A little escape from actuality can be good. Right?

Well, on this, the first entry into my new blog, I say, I DUNNO. As a matter of fact, the older I get the more I dunno! The world, according to me, is so topsy-turvy, it is a wonder anyone even tries to figure out what the HELL is going on. But, they do, I know because I see them on TV and read their articles, always trying to let us know the “what’s” and the “whys” of our lives. Since Bush got a second term though, I think, I sense an uneasiness in their sureness. Both, intellectuals on the Right and the Left, are having a hard time figuring out how such a detestable election result could have occurred.

Thank goodness though, there are brave souls out there in "Intellectual World", who can give us a straight answer or at least an honest opinion of, again I say, “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?”, and one such person is…
Mark Morford as a matter of fact one of his articles, led me to opening up this blog as a new year's resolution, where I can express my, “dunno’s” and my confusions, being a blue from a red state, IN OTHER WORDS, someone who tries to use all of their sensory perceptions to shape their reality.
Well, I hope my list of cyber-friends will join me in some good ole roundtable discussions on any subject but preferably on the “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?” topic. Thank you,
ThinkingBlue
PS: Please visit my website at:
http://www.carolynconnection.com where I like to put Mark Morford's articles as well as other accounts from the many minds of discernment. (the writers who help us break momentarily away from this Bush nightmare.)
CAROLYNCONNECTION - I've got a mind and I'm going to use it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home